Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fandom Appreciation Day!

Ok, so I did a half-ass job earlier today of telling peeps just how much I appreciate them, but Fandom Appreciation Day is all about the full-ass. Wait... That's not how I meant it. Or was it? Dun Dun Dun!

First, I must acknowledge the C, CD readers. When I first began writing this story, I was terrified out of my mind that it wouldn't be well-received. To be honest, I didn't even expect to have one person read it let alone like it. Let's face it - it's not lemony by any means. Most of today's popular Twifics and RP fics are all about the lemons. But, for whatever reason, you guys understand that I wanted to keep this on a realistic front. Chapter after chapter, you demand more just like Oliver Twists but with vaginas and your porridge is Jackson. I know you dirrty hoors wanna see Jackson drop trou and get his squirrely-wig freak on, but you also understand that this fic isn't necessarily about that. You get that insecurities are a bitch, that Iris is a normal person fighting her own demons, and that the smallest words and gestures are what matter for her. Also, for you to put up with what is supposedly called "writing" is HUGE. If you wanna know what real writing is, visit the links to the right. -->

The C, CD reviewers: aami-cullen, Alexandra, Alexis.Danaan, and miles to go before i sleep, ashley920, aznpixie, BabyGeek319, Bitemeplease, cakemom_08, chikkalaura, clh20, dancing-echoes, darkstar, Djanga, echelon72, edwardluva84, ein_gutes_leben, fadingstarlite, FrankiLynn, Frootloop311, gallifrey, GreenEyes22, gublercullen, Jacksons lildarlin, JLBMOctober, Kaitie28, Ken_Doll, Little-lamb, longdistancewinner, Love-joy Cullen, MaryJ, Mommy02, monica1981, Moody One, neese96, Nicola-Tee-, oliveok, Orion/OryonUK, PurpleMeltDown, reaper07, rosela, roslyn89, scottslass, Sense, stitchcat, sunnihabibi/PaolosNutini, SweetSunnyRose, TwiCarol, Tumbleweed, twilight_dancer, WolfGirlNic, zoeee

The C, CD Twitter Hoors: GallifreyReject, MiraTL, Kymberlina, TwiCarolS, misskikieg, Rrosela, Klalo, Ljubljana_Vel , kiwiclovergirl, sharimg, sunny3282, ladyval05

Special shout-outs:
GallifreyReject/Gallifrey - You were the first enthusiastic supporter of C, CD and I will always love you for that. You keep doing that fake cough thing and asking for the next chapter and the next... I'm starting to wonder if you have pneumonia. Maybe you should get that checked out. <3

Orion/OrionUK/Kymberline - You are quite possibly the greatest thing to happen to C, CD. You read, review (on both sites!), and then spend ridiculous amounts of time with me on Twitter. Seriously? We need hobbies. LOL! I meant what I said about the cheerleader thing. And I heart you forever for it. <3

TwiCarolS/TwiCarol - On what was one of the worst C, CD self-esteem days since I started writing, you came in on your fluffy cloud and unicorn to put an end to my emo bullshit. For you to say what you did it just... I don't even have words for it. You *points* complete me. <3

MiraTL/Sense - OMJ, my little Jacksonite hoor! Where the hell do I begin with you? You are like one little ball of horny for Jackson and I love you to death because of it. I could spend all day on Twitter just tweeting about the most random shit and I'd complain that there aren't enough hours in the day for it. I wuv you for wuving C, CD. <3

Second, much love and adoration goes out to lizmynameis and tellme_thetruth for writing two of the greatest Jackson fics I've read. Everytime I see an update from either one of you, I squee and am convinced an angel gets its wings. Thank you for the time and effort you put into your stories. <3

Third, a hug and a box of kittens goes to Emotina/banana_pncakes7. C, the work that you do with The Woods is right up there with Wonka's golden ticket. With the exception of Wide Awake, The Woods is the best thing I've read (and I'm only putting Wide Awake above yours because hers is completed). You put up with my daily fan-girling, always have a wink and a smile in your tweets, and break my heart in the greatest of ways with your writing. I can't tell you how much I adore you and your talent. So, please never stop writing The Woods. I don't care if Bella and Edward are, like, 147 or whatever. :P

Finally, to my future jailmates: Klalo, Kymberlina, Ljubljana_Vel, LISAANDREWS23, MiraTL, Paranolia, Gozdess, and one biffel named Suzy. #OperationKidnapGuBoneGardTinson will indeed be a success. I am finalizing blueprints as we speak. Suzy has volunteered to bail our asses out of jail should we get caught. I know peeps who can act just like the lawyers on Law and Order so we're covered there. I read some earlier tweets regarding heels and blush. I have no idea what they're about, but I'm sure you hoors are devising plans. Things we need to pull this off: Someone to choose our outfits for the heist, someone to decide what make-up we sport, a location where we can hide the boys (ahem, MEN) that won't be raided by the cops, someone to charter a helicopter (just in case), someone to either make or obtain chloroform, and someone to gather rope, pliers, a cowboy hat, ketchup packets, headphones, 1988 Happy New Year hats (with fringe, please), 4 ziplock bags of wood shavings, the H volume of Encyclopedia Brittanica, a soda straw, 4 dimes, 17 pennies, 2 $1 bills, a copy of Ferris Bueller's Day Off on VHS, a tube of Hello Kitty lipgloss, and the Twilight board game. I found out that Skarsgard declared he would follow us of his own free will (see THIS tweet for confirmation). I feel we can use this to our advantage. I will attach a powerpoint, complete with photoshopped nekkid pics of our boys for inspiration (not that we need it but just cuz it's fun and dirrty), with the blueprints when I've completed them.

With all that shit being said, I heart you all. I'm thankful I can call you friends and fellow members of the Fandom. "My name is Iris and I'm a TwiHard."

P.S. Major love to The Meyer for creating characters that make us read and write and fan ourselves (but you shouldn't have done the fade to black, woman! I need sparkly peen!). I'll even give some love to Cougar Cathy for picking REALLY hott guys to play their parts. CC, you WILL be invited to J and I's wedding. *firm nod*


Con Amor Siempre,
Iris




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out. It was really sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, hon! Thanks for the shout out. I meant every word I said & I'm so glad that it helped you. You are the awesomesauce on top of a Jacksper sundae. You keep it real & that's what keeps me hooked. ;) Speaking of hooked... where's chapter 13? Hehehe. Just kidding... sort of... I'm dying here, chica! <3

    ReplyDelete